Wednesday, June 11, 2008

When the Living's Easy

Today was quintessential summer.

And I've had Sublime stuck in my head because of it.

After a couple of hours of school, the girls and I headed to the pool to catch up with our neighbors. It was the intense sunny time, so we lathered on sunscreen and dipped in the pool for some cooling down. After about an hour and a half, Ashlyn began falling asleep in her intertube, so I decided to head home and give her a proper nap. She slept for 2 1/2 hours. Amen!

During that time, Eve played here and there, but eventually went outside to run around with the kiddos across the hall. This is where summertime burst in.

Playing outside for hours on end. Dripping with sweat and loving every minute. Coming in for rushed drinks and bathroom breaks.

It made me happy to see my daughters with a normal and healthy childhood.

And it's days like this that remind me why being home is the best thing for all of us.


1 comment:

  1. Love the song, and love the summer! There is something so carefree about it, isn't there? I love the way the kids' hair smells after playing outside all day. Is that gross?

    ReplyDelete

You got something to say? Let's talk!

But be forewarned... Anonymous comments may be deleted.