Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Merchandise Credit is from God

...so are 3 hour long gymnastics camps.

Oh, seriously. It was heaven on earth. No one who knows me would ever doubt my undying love for my family, but gosh is was good to drop Eve off for an extended time at her gymnastics studio.

Ashlyn and I headed over to TJ Maxx to use a Merchandise Credit voucher we had left over from a gift we returned. See, those stores that let you get cash back when you return a gift just screw those of us that are overly responsible with our money. If we get cash, it immediately goes into our budget and ends up paying for something like rent or lights. But I had no choice today other than to go and buy something that I would never buy for myself - ever.

We've had this card since Christmas, and Billy insisted that I take today to get some new pajama pants, since mine have no fewer than 5 holes in the upper legs and, ahem, other areas. I ended up getting the pants, a father's day present, sandals for Eve, and a pair of goggles without spending a thing.

It was nice to get a treat and not feel guilty about where my money should be going.

So, thank you, God, for merchandise credit.

3 comments:

  1. I love merchandise credit. I always feel like it's free money. I, too, have been relishing my SEVEN hours of Girl Scout day camp! It's just kind of a relief to not think about what they're doing! Way to go, and congrats on the new jammies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:46 PM

    I know exactly what you mean. It's really nice to keep your gift just that - a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:27 PM

    Father's Day gift huh? :)

    I thought David Crowder tix was my present... but I'm always up for more :)

    ReplyDelete

You got something to say? Let's talk!

But be forewarned... Anonymous comments may be deleted.