Tuesday, January 06, 2009

If You Feel Like Puking

Because I know most people do. Uh, that was sarcasm.

I know you don't feel like puking, but still, check out SparkPeople.com's 11 worst foods of 2008. It is pretty disgusting. Like... not as in pig brain sandwich disgusting, but like oh my gosh that looks so incredibly good, but look how bad it is for me disgusting.

Lately, I've been intentionally trying to lose some weight. After Ashlyn was born, my 6-week check up showed I was still about 40 pounds heavier than I had been pre-pregnancy. In the last 2 years, I've shed 20 of those pounds with little effort.

I'm just a healthy eater and I don't mind parking far away from the stores, so it has slowly worked its way off. But I'm kinda tired of the "slowly" part of it, and I thought... wouldn't it be nice to be at my goal weight by my... ahem... 1st anniversary of my 29th birthday?

So, by April 5th, I'd like to lose those remaining 20 pounds. I've already lost 3 in the last 3 weeks, so I'm on track to do it.

But anyway, I've learned a little about how much energy my body uses, how many calories I need to consume to maintain weight, and how many I need to lose weight. I've been keeping pretty good at 1200 calories a day.

Some of these foods are at 1200 calories a freakin' SERVING! That, my friends, is just disgusting.

Oh, yeah... and if you'd like to join SparkPeople's 100% free community, please click through the button on my sidebar to let them know I sent you!

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh...

    so, the salad one REALLY surprised me. Some of them, Not so surprising...

    I love spark people. We should be buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty, You're on sparkpeople? Awesome! Send me a buddy request, or I'll find you, or something. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...that was pretty crazy...and gross. BTW it looks like we share the same B-day? April 5! I haven't been on this website before, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:39 AM

    Man, I knew that some of that stuff was high in calories and fat, but not that high! I love the "Eat This, Not That" articles and books. They're pretty helpful. I always try to look at the nutritional info online before I go out to eat anywhere, but then that urge to have something fried comes my way. So hard to resist!

    I am a member of sparkpeople, but haven't used it in a while. I need to...look at what I learned today :)...or should it be :(

    ReplyDelete

You got something to say? Let's talk!

But be forewarned... Anonymous comments may be deleted.