Thursday, October 16, 2008

Losing My Cool


Recently, our church had pictorial directory photos taken. We received our free 8x10 in the mail the other day, and I put it in a frame on the piano.

I looked at it a bit yesterday and a disturbing thought came to mind. We looked like your typical everyday, nice, normal family. And I realized... I'm not cool anymore.

Today, I got out the Boink t-shirt, fixed my hair, and put on some black eyeliner. I felt pretty darn good about myself after that.

Seriously, who says you can't be cool when you're getting old? I hope I'm still a cool punk rocker even when I'm 80.

5 comments:

  1. so funny... though you may not be in to the band, you'll have to read my post for friday. It's so right with this...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so disappointed when I realized I looked like a soccer mom. Gah, I need to find my funk again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://travelingfishtacos.blogspot.com/2008/10/random-photo.html

    You've been tagged

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:03 PM

    i am concerned as well that i might not be cool anymore, either. but you know, coolness comes from within. the whole dressing the part ended in high school or soon thereafter, right?

    right?

    maybe not... ;) i know exactly what you're saying, though. Tom likes it when i get out my ratty old calf-length cutoff baggy Silvertab dark turquoise "punk pants." and put on a band teeshirt. and put my hair in pigtails.

    anyway. ;) with ya, gurl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know just how you feel. Hanging out with teenagers all the time does nothing except make me feel old and frumpy. Although recently the girls in youth group have been offering me some tips and I broke out the make up recently, as well. I just don't want to start running around in denim jumpers and buns, lol.


    Not that there's anything wrong with people who do. In fact, that's a great way to dress.

    ReplyDelete

You got something to say? Let's talk!

But be forewarned... Anonymous comments may be deleted.