Friday, October 24, 2008

Homeschooling and Zoot Suits

So, here's just another reason I love homeschooling. This session we've been talking a bit about sound. Louds, softs. Soundwaves and pitch.

One of the books we read yesterday had a character talk about the highs and lows of music by singing....

Hi dee Hi dee Hi. Low dee Low dee Low.

So, what better continuation of education, but to play her Cab Calloway's classic song "Minnie the Moocher"? Kids in the public schools don't get this kind of culture!


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:20 PM

    Oh my life! I've not heard that song in YEARS!!! Hee hee. It reminds me of my Nana for some strange reason...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:12 PM

    That's right! I like it :)

    ReplyDelete

You got something to say? Let's talk!

But be forewarned... Anonymous comments may be deleted.