Monday, February 23, 2009

I, Mollie

I had the pleasure of talking to Mollie Erickson on the phone a couple of month ago to talk about why she blogs. Honestly, when I called her up, I expected about 10 minutes because I was really just looking for a quick quote to localize my article. I'd pretty much already written it in my head when my editor gave me the names of a couple of Evansville women who blog.

But I quickly realized I had one very interesting mom on the phone.

Mollie really impressed me as a mom who took her work seriously. I discussed her creative blogging in my article, but what I didn't get to talk about was the way she models her creativity in her life. I believe wholeheartedly that actions speak louder than words, and Mollie has made the priority to prove that creativity and art are important to her.

Our conversation made me wish that I could have known Mollie while we were still in the same town because I know I would've loved to get in on her creativity workshops - evenings that she has hosted at her home to encourage adults to keep up with their own creations even while being overrun by the hectic schedule of life. I highly value the idea of creating and taking time out for priorities, and Mollie is actively showing her kids that art is a worthwhile priority. I really appreciate that.

But enough about what I have to say. I hope you'll visit her blog, tell her hi, and get to know her and her sweethearts, Henry and Svea.

A couple of my favorite posts to get you started:

Hippy Potty Mas - for a look at this woman's talent.
Just in Time for the Oscars - to remember how kids' minds memorize and connect in crazy ways.
A Call for Community - to join in prayer for another mom (and rest of the family) that desperately needs God's peace and wisdom right now.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah,
    Once again, thank you for writing such nice things! I wish we had known each other when you were here, too. If I'm ever organizing a workshop in the Decatur/Huntsville area, I will definitely call you.
    Thanks again!
    Mollie

    ReplyDelete

You got something to say? Let's talk!

But be forewarned... Anonymous comments may be deleted.