Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Man and the Money

I've developed a habit of listening to Dave Ramsey online lately. Ever since our small group started going through his book Total Money Makeover, I've really wanted to saturate myself in the concept of gazelle intensity.

Today, I heard a woman calling (~16 min. mark) who was very scared about their finances, and Ramsey walked her through a budget form, but in the end told her she needed to sit down with her husband and get him to join in on the budgeting. He told her to take his hands, look him in the eye and say, "I need to see a new level of your manhood right now. I need you to sit down with me and figure this out. I can't do it alone anymore. I need you to care about me this way."

It broke my heart to hear her reply that she's tried that several times, and her husband just isn't stepping up. There wasn't much that Ramsey could say to that because you can't make a man be a man.

So, it made me really grateful for my man and how much he's been stepping up lately to lead our family financially, spiritually, emotionally. God really blessed me when He brought us together.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to comment that my hubby and I have been doing the TMM too...I TIVO his shows...and started a blog (only 4 posts)-if you look on my link or blogroll...Hip Mama's Money Challenge....I would love any input...I'd really like others to walk with me. :)

    We're still working on baby step 1...and getting a "beater"--we actually have 1 beater...now we need another! HA! I'm very blessed to have my husband as well..and he's so "on board". BTW, I've been thinking about you and your family during this transition time.

    Hip Mama

    ReplyDelete

You got something to say? Let's talk!

But be forewarned... Anonymous comments may be deleted.