Monday, December 22, 2008

Music Monday Review: Christmas with Weezer

There's something in me that recoils when I hear updated Christmas music. I'm one of those people that likes to hear Nat King Cole and Frank Sinatra at Christmas time. I hate it when people ruin good ole stand-bys with their updates. And that's pretty much what everyone does.

Except Weezer.

When I saw this on iTunes, I nearly went into a convulsive shock. Not only is it a cheesy thing to make Christmas albums (something I thought would be below the geek rock gods), but it's not real Weezer-y to put all Christian songs on a CD. I guess if I ever thought Weezer would make a Christmas CD, it would include things like "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus," or worse, "I Saw Daddy Kissing Santa Claus."

But this CD not only rocks in true Weezer fashion, but it is full of Christian-based songs. Only 1 out of 6 songs isn't Christian, but even that one doesn't mention Satan Claus at all.

Here's the playlist for Christmas with Weezer:

We Wish You a Merry Christmas
O, Come All Ye Faithful
O, Holy Night
The First Noel
Hark the Herald Angels Sing
Silent Night

This one's a winner.

And this post is part of Music Mondays at Bloggable Music Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You got something to say? Let's talk!

But be forewarned... Anonymous comments may be deleted.