Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Bible Journey > Colossians 2:2

When I'm not studying for my adventure with Kara, I've been looking at confidence in God. As part of that, my friend Elaine suggested that I read Colossians 3 often. But I wanted to do so in context, so I started at the beginning of the book. This was a month ago.

Tonight, I started at the end of chapter 1 and looked into chapter 2 just a bit.

I stopped when I got to verse 2. Yeah...I'm truckin along.

It was encouraging to read this verse and helped me to gain a little passion back for serving others. After New Life, I felt like people at church weren't worth it. Elaine is helping me to learn that most people will not be interested in truly knowing God, but there will always be a faithful few that want to learn and grow and serve.

So, for them, I cling to Colossians 2:2, "My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have all the riches of assured understanding and have the knowledge of God’s mystery, that is, Christ himself"

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:09 AM

    thank you for that. i get discouraged about the exact same thing. we're thinking about having a "standing Monday night bible study thing" where just every monday night we open up our house to whoever wants to come. and hopefully it will encourage others - and us - to continue in our growth and knowledge of Him.

    ReplyDelete

You got something to say? Let's talk!

But be forewarned... Anonymous comments may be deleted.