Thursday, September 08, 2005

ONE THING

I've heard that Lonliness is here.
It's given and thoughtfully used.
I can only pray that it will make me stronger
When I seem to be confused (courtesy Fredreich Neitszche...or however the heck you spell that)

Well, the night is always dark.
And the dark is still alone.
I have told you over so many times
That I just want to go home.

Baby, you know I've been thinking.
Child, I love you too much to leave.
But when Hopelessness surrounds my nights
My words take off without me.

This one thing I know--
That Time will take its toll.
That two roads are staring me down.
That one road is higher, but hard to walk upon.
And one will make me drown.
And this one thing I've seen--
That the one that's so much higher
Has a hope that's founded in truth.
Tells me I haven't wasted my youth.

These words were dead, unfeeling.
These smiles were pain through tears.
These tears were failed manipulation
Unperfected through the years.

My soul was weak and feeble.
It's love, quickly decreasing.
My dementia broke into my habit
Of a joy that was unceasing.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:05 AM

    i'm really glad that u post ur poetry. it's amazing. (the poem, that is. not really the posting.)

    ReplyDelete

You got something to say? Let's talk!

But be forewarned... Anonymous comments may be deleted.