Sunday, July 31, 2011

Writer's Workshop

So... for those of you left.  Hmmm... I'm not sure where to start, cause this isn't really for you.  It's for me.  And I have Misty to thank.  It all started when her annual summer book club came along a couple of months ago.  Realizing that I'd read very few fiction books since last year's rendezvous, I knew I had to be part of it again.

The first book was two months ago, but I can't get it out of my mind.  I'll save the tedium of writing the synopsis, but let's just say I want to write.  I want to write like I never have before, honestly. 

Writing is something that I've always "come back to."  I remember a friend of mine telling me that I needed to be a writer.  At the time, I thought I wanted to be a police officer.  But this friend read a couple of things I had recently written, and told me that I was meant to write.  I politely shrugged my shoulders and told him, "You want me to write a lot more than I want to write."

So, writing has always been something that I've done when I didn't know what else to do, something that fell to me because no one else was capable, something that brought in some extra money because it was the easy, obvious solution for a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom.

And then... well, my magazine closed down, and I was just too lazy to send out queries and develop new relationships with editors.  It was just too much work.  No thanks.

And it's been years, now.  Not several years, but years nonetheless.  2 1/2 years since I really wrote anything of substance.  (pg. 8 of the pdf)

It had become a way of life to simply move through events without taking much time for my most effective method of processing.  And then this book.

I can't shake it.  And I can't commit, either.  Sigh.

So, I have a small plan, and you get to watch it unfold or not.  I wish I could get on here and say, "This is what you'll see!"  But honestly... well, right now I'm just hoping I'll find my way back to this blog in a few days and follow through.

My plan is to write for 15 minutes, 2 days a week.  That's it.  And I'll get my ideas from Mama Kat.

I hope to see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You got something to say? Let's talk!

But be forewarned... Anonymous comments may be deleted.