Sunday, August 03, 2008

Music Monday > Breaking Up Just Breaks My Heart

I commented over on Kat's Music Monday post just now, and mentioned what a good show it was to see Monk and Neagle live. (Opening for Bebo Norman, no less. I swear that's what heaven will be like.)

So, I thought I'd take a look at their site to see what they're up to currently.

What I found is that there's yet another band that I'll have to add to my list of "Sad to See You Go."

Other bands are -

Five Iron Frenzy
No Doubt









Sixpence None the Richer
New Kids on the Block (Although I hear they're making a comeback... again.)











Anyway, back to Monk and Neagle. Neagle, it seems, has decided to leave the open road in favor of the family. I commend him for that.

But it's still sad to me because Monk and Neagle were seriously a breath of fresh air in the Christian music community. They had a great sound more like Jack Johnson than anything you'll hear on the local Christian station. And their harmonies! Man... those are amazing.

So, bands break up. And it breaks your heart when you realize that the music you love will be all you can heart from them again.

What band did you hate to see breaking up?

*this post is part of Music Mondays

4 comments:

  1. that's really too bad... Sad days.
    Very sad, still, about no doubt...

    It's such a rarity to find Christian music that has original sound. We are really into the newer stuff of Family Force 5 because they are so original sounding. Love them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't you heard.... Sixpence is back together and just released an EP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What!!!! No, I hadn't heard at all. Man, that's awesome. Cause I love Leigh Nash's voice and all, but Matt Slocum was the genius behind the band and without him her solo album, well... kinda sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:36 PM

    Blue Merle--very sad to see them break up to adventure into the solo world :(

    Sixpence is back again--woo hoo :)

    ReplyDelete

You got something to say? Let's talk!

But be forewarned... Anonymous comments may be deleted.