Sunday, May 04, 2008

New

My church has been focusing on newness in Christ for the last several weeks, and today, the sermon series wrapped up with "New Strength." The biblical example was Gideon and his 300 men.

I've appreciated this whole series because my friend Elaine has pounded into my head over the last year that I'm a new creation. I've spent a lot of time learning about what that means. I've begun to understand how to take that truth -- which I've always "known" -- and appropriate it in my daily life. It takes the head knowledge and adds to it a knowledge of experience.

My church has talked about several different areas of life that our new identity and the power of Christ's resurrection in us. Some of the include

New Relationships
New Freedom
New Attitude


As I think on these phrases, I remember that the Gospel message is truly revolutionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You got something to say? Let's talk!

But be forewarned... Anonymous comments may be deleted.