Saturday, March 18, 2006

married

so, the wedding went off without a hitch, and all was well with the world.

in fact, it still is.

it's weird cause I knew that things would change somehow after marriage, but I didn't quite realize that they would change so quickly or that it would necessarily be a good thing. I think that when people talk about things changing after marriage it's like their trying to tell you that everyone is a big con artist. It's like, "Everything changes after marriage and you find out all these things about this person, and you realize that everything they ever said was false and everything they ever pretended to be was about 100x better than they'll ever be able to live up to." But for me...in all my week of marriage experience...I feel like the changes that have come have only intensified my love for Billy.

I'm not sure that I can even explain that in any logical or coherent way. All I know is that I love him like crazy, and I love him more today than I did a week ago, but a week ago, we were just now saying our vows...or perhaps we were just now having our first kiss. And I didn't know yet what having him as my husband would be like. I probably still don't.

But I feel secure, and I feel comforted.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:28 PM

    i've always meant "marriage changes things" as marriage changes things for the better given that you're on the path of keeping love and communication top priorities. :)

    it's good to hear your perspective :) reminds me of when t and i first got married. it changes things, but it always becomes nicer. now i know him so well i can read his mind. that's fun. and he can read mine. good stuff. :)

    yay!

    ReplyDelete

You got something to say? Let's talk!

But be forewarned... Anonymous comments may be deleted.