Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Remember the Victims of Abortion

January is the anniversary of Roe vs. Wade, which legalized abortion on demand. Since then, over 3,000 unborn a day have been killed at the hands of "doctors." But babies aren't the only victims. God will take care of the babies, but the parents continue to live with the memory and pain. Please pray for their healing.

"6 am...day after Christmas.
I put some clothes on in the dark.
Smell of cold...car seat is freezing.
The world is sleeping; I am not.

Up the stairs...to her apartment.
She is balled up on the couch.
Mom and Dad went down to Charlotte.
They're not here to find us out.

And we drive.
Now that I have found someone,
I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before.

She's a brick, and I'm drowning slowly
Off the coast, and I'm heading nowhere.
She's a brick, and I'm drowning slowly.

They call her name at 7:30.
I pace around the parking lot.
I walk down to buy her flowers
and sell some gifts that I got.

Can't you see?
It's not me you're dying for.
Now she's feeling more alone than she ever has before.

She's a brick, and I'm drowning slowly
Off the coast, and I'm heading nowhere.
She's a brick, and I'm drowning slowly.

As weeks went by,
It showed that she was not fine.
They told me, "Son, it's time to tell the truth,"
and she broke down.
I broke down cause I was tired of lying.

Driving back to her apartment.
For the moment, we're alone.
She's alone.
I'm alone.
Now I know it."

--"Brick" by Ben Folds Five

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:37 PM

    sar, i love you so much; thank you so much for having the greatest gift of your life, in evie. you know, you basically solified and completely increased my support for the pro-life movement with your selfless decision and responsibility under the circumstances. i love you, gurl! :) God has really blessed you. Thanks for being a friend.

    ReplyDelete

You got something to say? Let's talk!

But be forewarned... Anonymous comments may be deleted.