Tuesday, June 09, 2009

New Shoes

Well, I went out again last night (alone this time... oh, it was glorious!) to see what I could find in the way of sandals.

I didn't quite get what I was looking for. I wanted something to replace these (sorry for the picture. It's rotated on my computer, and I tried 5 times to re-upload, but bloggers not co-operating. You'll just have to turn your neck!):



As you can see they're pretty worn in between the toes. That'll happen after 6 or 7 years.


I didn't quite score the jackpot at RackRoom shoes, but since I had a $50 budget, I was able to settle for some nicer sandals that will work for casual, but not necessarily for everyday playing in the back yard. In addition, I got some cute discounted brown flip flops, and as a bonus, I was able to run over to Target and grab a pair of $3 pool flops as well. My current ones are cracking and I expect them to break any moment now.

3 comments:

  1. Good deal.

    your post made me a bit sad. Those sandals you replaced? I had those. I loved them. They were my FAVORITE SUMMER SHOES for years. Finally the soul lining came up and it just became a big, (honestly smelly) mess... I cried throwing them away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... I'm not sure I'll throw them out quite yet. I may wait till they actually break. But it's good to have a back up pair for that time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:16 PM

    I had those exact same sandals and loved them (although they felt really heavy on my feet at first)!

    ReplyDelete

You got something to say? Let's talk!

But be forewarned... Anonymous comments may be deleted.