Monday, September 17, 2007

Awake

I woke up at 5:40 this morning 80% groggy, 100% confused. Billy wasn't in bed, and neither was his pillow.

I got up to investigate and found him on the floor in Ashlyn's room, which sounds weird, but it was quite charming.

He did this because I've been all grumpy and tired lately. Well, okay for the last 15 months of my life. Something about pregnancy and new babies doesn't allow for much sleep.

Anyway, I never did get back to sleep, but I got to lay in bed without having to worry about how much longer it would be before Ashlyn woke up. At about 6:20, Billy came in to bed and I rose to start the day with the mini-him.

I feel really good today. I keep thinking, "So this is what it feels like to sleep all night! Amazing!"

I know that he won't be able to do that every night, but it was sure a considerate, sacrificial gesture.

Thank you, Billy, for letting me sleep.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely thing to do - you've got yourself a real treasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:01 PM

    You're welcome baby. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a star! Hope you're still feeling all refreshed.

    I've just noticed that you homeschool. My friend has got 2 kids, one is almost nursery age now (Kindergarten?) and she's thinking of homeschooling, because the primary (elementary schools) in the village where she lives aren't so great. Would love to hear more about how you and Kara have done it.

    Also I've moved my blog...it's now on wordpress, and hope you don't mind that I've put you and Billy's blogs on my blogroll! (let me know if you mind, and I'll take them off)

    Love and blessings Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh there is NOTHING like a good night's sleep.

    ReplyDelete

You got something to say? Let's talk!

But be forewarned... Anonymous comments may be deleted.